Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Laundry

One Week To Go!


As for today:

Finished the sweater sleeve! Pictures will follow later but for now you get my remaining yarn (yeah, thinking that the back is staying the way it is) and lots of leetle cables!




On the situation front, it seems that me bringing up the fact that since my living situation hasn't improved I shouldn't be paying more than before solved the problem. All is well for now, minus me being a turd and preferring to have the place to myself during the day.

Made some rice pudding tonight, tasty, and sort of satisfied my craving for sweets although not enough to stop me from demolishing the 3Musketeers in the freezer.

How classy, plastic container and all!



Today was laundry day as well and as per request, here is how laundry works around here:

1) Fill up washer with water and soap, add clothing
2) Place lid on washer and commence cranking handle, continue for 1-3 minutes depending on size of load
3) Drain and repeat with clean water, or rinse clothes out by hand
4) Place dripping clothes in dryer
5) Remove slightly damp clothes from dryer and hang to finish drying

And now for some pictures documenting the process:




Hermit

2 comments:

Eve said...

a)It even LOOKS like a washing machine! *is totally enthralled*. That is really pleasing, not sure about the whole drying-without-heat-concept, but ok.
b)I wasn't aware that rice pudding actually had distinguishable (spelling?) rice grains, until just now.
c)I am in need of that pattern, yupyup. The cables are SO swell!

Redcard Sanchez said...

As per Eve, I am super impressed by your washing machine. It's like a slow cooker, but instead of waterlogged stew, you get clean clothes! I think I might need one for my room.
Also, I'm impressed by your sweater-knitting skills. It looks like it was knit by robots, it's so perfect. You will be a great grandmother someday.

-Rita