Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A synopsis of the last few days

Poor neglected blog...

Well, hmm, let me see here, shall we go back to the return trip home, I think so!
All was fine and dandy until I am at second destination at the Customs booth, I got some grumpy looking fellow (always a great sign, I vote customs people should not be allowed to work when they are in a bad mood) and he gave me a hassle about my Visa (ie. *glare* 'so WHO do YOU know?!') but I finally convinced him that no I hadn't paid someone into giving me my visa illegally and just as he was about to let me through I told him that I had some mandarin oranges in my carry-on and if it would be a problem to bring them across or should I just eat them here. Another lovely glare and I was informed that if I was planning on eating them I should have done that outside the doors, thanks for the sign telling me that and why the heck does it matter, I am in the same stinking airport and country on BOTH sides of those doors *glare*. So I got to go into the Agricultural area of the customs place where a lady, in a much better mood I might add, made me throw them away *sniff* although I kind of think that if I had asked her she might have let me eat one in front of her. Fortunately she said that my pumpkin pie was okay, boy would I have been peeved if they had made me throw that away too! I LOVE my pumpkin pie!
So the flight was uneventful, probably mainly due to the fact that I slept most of the way and I arrived back here at the suggested time, my cab awaiting, all was well. So I waited at the baggage carousel, and waited, and then established that no, my one checked bag was not going to be coming from behind those rubber flaps. Off to the claims department I go (after a few calls from the cab driver asking if everything was all right etc.) and get to wait for a bit more. Then the people in front of me happen to live in Israel and their street address isnt accepted by the computer, nor is their initial airline, more waiting. And finally, after much time, I got through, apparently they had already located my bag and it should be on its way to me soon. I got it the next morning, it had me pretty stressed though, all my dance stuff was in there so had it not arrived in time for me to get ready for class, I would have had some fancy explaining to do.

Anyways, have been back here in the balmy winter weather I am so unaccustomed to for a few days now. Not much exciting has been accomplished; school. dance. sleep. eat.
However, tonight in a fit of productivity (ha!) I swatched for mere's sweater, and hooray! I managed to acquire the correct gauge, so now I can begin the sweater, debating though, if I should rip out the swatch or cast off and wash it to see what it's like.

Swatch in all it's gloriousness, good ol' 22 stitches to 4" and 7 rows to 3/4", yay!

The green sweater was blocked and shoulder seams stitched together while at home and I did start on the neckband but little progress has been made as of yet, so no pictures.

Sock is still coming along, I dont have any pictures but it is just longer, I haven't started the ribbing yet because I have a reasonable amount of yarn left but the sock is getting pretty long now, it is currently at about normal sock length.

And that is all for now I think, I do have an amusing story that I stole from someone but it shall remain for another day when I dont have anything interesting to say.

Hermit

3 comments:

Eve said...

wahoo mega post! Customs officers are ALWAYS grumpy though, I am convinced - when I went to the states in grade 7 he basically made me cry because I didn't know the answers to the questions he was asking. Haha. Sweater pictures puhleeeze. And sock. And mere's sweater. (that is pleasing, that you is starting it, GRINnewprojects)

Kesineeee said...

I am impressed again by your mad knitting skillz. I myself have NO talent in that department, so will just keep looking here for updates on the magnificance! Well, I have to go to class soon, but will check again later today! Love

Mouse

Redcard Sanchez said...

I'm really sad that they made you throw away your mandarin oranges. I kind of wonder why...are they too juicy? Could someone smuggle drugs in them or use them as weapons? Who knows.