Sunday, November 19, 2006

Venturing into the land of SOCKS!

4 Days!

Well probably when this is posted it will actually be three but I count it by the time I go to bed so there.
I generally dont accomplish much on saturdays but I did begin my venture into sock knitting:
Casting on:
Some progress, it is awfully tricky working with all those needles, (5 in total!) I am used to the two pointy sticks for making stuff but after a few bouts of ripping out I managed to get things under control:
Progress as of posting, this is the toe of the sock in case it is unclear:

And in case anyone *cough* Tyger, in interested, here is where I am procuring my knowledge:
In other news:
Schoolwork is behind but I vote that is to be expected due to today being saturday and a birthday celebration (ie. lackage of evening) ah yes, speakingo of birthdayness, twas a rather ackward situation. So both of my roommates got the girl presents and waited to present them to her when I was around (she got here before I was out of the shower/ready, ie. time to present to before but I will attempt to reserve unkind judgement) and of course me being the spiff individual I am had neglected to partake in such an undertaking, thinking instead that I could make her a cake (hadn't been done) so I felt the need to express my intentions to which she said that it didnt really matter, do what I want etc. (okay, well in a nice voice, I am not sure it sounds like it was said nicely written like that but yes, she is nice so yes) but still, I get the distinct feeling that they are all a lot more materialistic than I and thus my lack of present=cheap, or rather, my offer of homemade present/cooking = cheap/weird. Stupid society.
Yet another issue manages to have cropped up, brought to my attention by roommate #2: roommate #1 has made a copy of the key for her boyfriend, without asking us if we are okay with that and has since kept that information from us. (roommate #2 only knows because she overheard a phone conversation) We are SHARING the apartment, she does NOT own it even though it is her name on the bills, we signed up for it together, therefore it is a joint effort and thus I dont feel it is appropriate for her to be making copies of the key (well, also I dont even know if that is allowed, I somehow recall something in the lease about copies of keys not being allowed to be made) and just giving them out to random people (*cough* person she met at a bigbox store and has only known for a few months) of whom which will be here in town while we are all gone for vacation, not exactly a comforting feeling. It's not that I dont trust him, but what business does he have in here by himself, none of his stuff is here. (well minus his guitar video game thing, but if it's that important to him, keep it at home for goodness sake!)
Okay, end rant.
Hermit

3 comments:

Eve said...

Hooerghysplergh to that pattern, looks rather complicated. What style of toe did you use? And, don't you need more to a sock pattern than a toe? (like maybe a heel?). But that is swell, and you should post more pictures as it grows. Also, should update situation with roomate #1, as necessary. *end comment*

Eve said...

Hooerghysplergh to that pattern, looks rather complicated. What style of toe did you use? And, don't you need more to a sock pattern than a toe? (like maybe a heel?). But that is swell, and you should post more pictures as it grows. Also, should update situation with roomate #1, as necessary. *end comment*

Eve said...

POOP TO IT POSTING TWICE.