Thursday, August 7, 2008

Olympics!!

Am I the only nerd who gets insanely into the Olympics? I can't quite place the feeling, it's not quite a major patriotic type feeling moreso just much happiness. I guess it is just something about the whole world coming together for one good thing that gives me warm fuzzies. I also really like hearing the athletes talk about getting to where they are, they have worked so hard and it is so inspiring to hear from those who have experienced major setbacks and I really find that it helps me kick myself in the butt to work harder. I get into these slumps where I think I am working hard but really I could be working so much harder and just seeing and hearing from these people who are so amazing makes me want to work so incredibly hard every day.
Anyways, I am excited, and will be watching avidly. (heh, the people I am staying with are probably going to think I am rather peculiar but thats okay) Sadly I don't get to see the opening ceremony because it is playing during the day tomorrow, hopefully they will air it again.
Hope all of you are well, me is happy to see more blogging, yay!!
Hermit

3 comments:

Redcard Sanchez said...

You're not the only one. I love watching teammates hug and medalists cry on the podium.
And I hope you have the chance to watch the opening ceremonies. They were truly spectacular.

Anonymous said...

I also like the olympics, but I haven't had much of a chance to watch yet. *is sad*

- This is Wulf, btw.

Kesineeee said...

I LOVE the Olympics. So good!