So today I went on a double-decker bus for the first time, goodfun! Also, I learned that there are blackberries growing wild all over Victoria! This makes me exceedingly glad and I have grand plots to take a bucket out picking on my day off here this week. Hurrah for free fruit!
So, you folks get to hear. Show yesterday was normal repertoire with two new pieces, one of which I was in; a pas de trois in a quasi-character dance style. So anyhew, it went splendidly badly. Which is great, especially since it was my first soloist type role with them, but all is well with them and me and I am not fired so here is my spiel. (I wish I was nomad right now so I could make entertaining comic strip instead of trying to write it all out...)
Piece starts off with all three of us dancing together, thats all fine and dandy, meander off to wait for my solo. Shoof on for it, start, its going grand until I forget what I am doing and what comes next etc.etc. so I start making up random crap (I was told it wasn't half bad which is good because I was afraid it was real obvious that I had no idea what I was doing) and finally get to a point in the music that sounds familiar so beetle off to proper section of stage to prepare for turning section. It isn't going to bad, which is grand until suddenly I notice that my skirt is veery loose, so I do a bit more holding it up at which point I realise I can't do the rest of the dance holding my skirt on soo I lets it drop and hop out of to finish turning segment (I got claps, yay me, haha) Finish rest of solo in underskirt thingy and then go to stand at back of stage to wait where I notice directer waving me to come off, so off I go. They have skirt and safety pin so they leave nice long pause in music (the poor other girl got to stand on stage for a nice while smiling) and then start it up while they try to wrangle skirt into submission ('tis one of those huge heavy ones) and just get it pinned up as I am supposed to start my section of the coda/finale. Skeedaddle on to start my bit but as I am running up, the pin fails, so hop out of skirt yet again and do finale. The end.
Twas a great first major piece, heh. But all is well, they aren't mad at me for forgetting or for skirt business, so hooray for that. But mehopes that next weeks show goes better (ha, rather twould be horrible to think what might happen to make it worse *shudder)
Hopefully all ye folks are well, and might I suggest that Haney childrens make contact? E-mail me or snafoo me on internet somehow. (when are ye coming, how shall we meet up etc.)
Hermit
P.S. I still like the comic idear better:
#1: Hermit onstage dancing away; look of panic; start making stuff up - director and folks backstage looking confused
#2: Look of recognition; dancing away; skirt migrating south; hermit dancing away, skirt on floor
#3: backstage with people trying to fix skirt; shoofing back on avec skirt; skirt on floor again
Woe is me who cannot draw (or write particularly eloquently either) but just imagine them drawn like nomads and then skip reading my huge long spiel.
2 comments:
But I liked your long spiel! Hooray for you, not letting forgetting or a faulty skirt get in the way of finishing your performance. (also, double-decker bus ride?! Did you ride in the top section?)
Yes, do you have a phone number? Because we can talk about where/when to meet, and about the cheques we need!
Also, hahah I rather evilly found your post reeeally amusing, but yes, the skirt wasn't your fault, and at least you made stuff up...and they weren't mad at you!! I cannot WAIT to see you!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE REALLY LIVING TOGETHER!!!!!
Post a Comment