Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Return to the homeland

Yes, 'tis official, February 10 brings me home! Hooray, well actually on the 10 I will be in francophone-land (hehe, am a bit nervous about that) but the 11 will find me back home home.

In other news, I am on day 2 of vegan eating and am still alive, hooray for me. Last night I made vegan eggplant parmesan (and no, it didn't have cheese, this stuff called nutritional yeast is used to create a 'cheesy' flavour) and tonight had more of it and also made scones/biscuits. The only thing I need to figure out is something sweet/desserty to make, hehe.

Hip is on the mend, I think, so that is grand.

I finally phoned the bus place and figured out the schedule, I think that I will be able to get to the Petsmart which means volunteering with bunnies!!!

Minor schoolage was accomplished today, still working on getting back into that habit.

En peu more snow tonight.
Short and sweet is my method of madness tonight, I am plotting of heading to bed early tonight so that I can make a bus type expedition tomorrow. We shall see how that pans out.
Hermit

3 comments:

Eve said...

Grin, you sound more busy!
That is most excellent about volunteering, hopefully you won't get stuck scrubbing out fishtanks again. (oh wait, that was mostly me, never mind.) :P
Hooray for veganness, have you informed your mere of this? Mine seems to think that anyone who doesn't eat dairy is going to keel over in very short order. And seafood actually, glare, she's on my case about that every time they have it. Anyways....
SOOOO looking forward to seeing you on the 11th!!!

Redcard Sanchez said...

man, two days of vegan-itude. And I thought two days of vegetarianism was a struggle.
Also, yay for coming back! And yay for an opportunity to practise all that French you learned in high school.

Ratty said...

Yay, makes me happy to hear of busy-Hermit with less roommate-woes (although I knows not if this is due to lack of typing on them or lack of issues, but whatever). So, how was the yeast-type cheese-like stuff? Did it actually taste of cheese? Well, commends on thine vegan-diet, even though I don't think I'd have any ability/desire to follow in your footsteps!