Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Frustrations

Dear Roomates:

I just though I would clarify some things here, me being a paying member of this rental agreement and all.
a) I think it is completely reasonable to have friends/other people over, however it does seem a bit excessive for you and your boyfriend to basically live here, there are other places to go you know.
b)
In accordance with the above statement, it is somewhat disconcerting to have to continue to walk past you and your boyfriend conveniently stationed in the middle of the apartment, while I understand this is shared accommodation, is there really nowhere else you can go?
c) I would think it not unreasonable to assume that with three people living here and two fully functional bathrooms, a bathroom would generally be available to be used, however this was not the case. I am not unreasonable, and do think that yes, on occasion one might have to wait for a washroom, but waiting over three hours while your boyfriend occupies the washroom presumably regurgitating the contents of his stomach due to a considerable (and may I mention, illegal) overconsumption of alcohol, does seem a bit excessive to me.
d) While yes, watching horror films at 2am does seem like a lovely way to spend an evening, er morning, snuggled up, those of us who may be attempting to acquire some sleep may find it slightly disconcerting to hear blood curdling shrieks every few minutes, and yes, this may hamper those attempts.
e) I am aware of the fact that you were brought up under certain circumstances and are used to living a certain way, but am I the only who thinks it is slightly disgusting to have a huge laundry basket overflowing with refuse in under a week from basically two peoples garbage?
f) I understand that your early morning schedule may leave you rushed and frazzled, but is it too much to ask to ensure that the door of the fridge and freezer are closed prior to your departure.

Sincerely,
Your Silent but Present Roommate

Well, that does feel good to get off my chest, now if only I had the nerve to actually mention some of those things to them *cough* her. Ah well, if she truly is leaving, then I guess it wont matter in a month or so anyways.
Hermit (who is very proud of herself, as she has still managed to keep up with the picture a day plan)

1 comment:

Ratty said...

Ugh. It's hearing/reading things like this that make me glad I'm still living with my parents. I think I might explode with internalised frustration with things such as the waste issue. I cannot stand hyperconsumption, but I can't see myself ever saying anything for fear of becoming the 'annoying nagging roommate'. Well, I feel for you, Hermit.