Sunday, January 7, 2007

Maybe I didnt actually want to find out....

I have often wondered what would happen to someone if they died, well ok, moreso, what would happen to their internet persona. Would a close friend or family member notify the general public who reads their blog, or is a member of the messageboard they frequent? Or would they just suddenly drop off the face of the internet with no-one but those who knew the person in real life having any idea? Well, I found out. (actually a while ago and I meant to write about it then but it just didn't happen)
One of my holiday links was to this annual online advent calendar that I have been reading for a few years now and it makes me happy. Well, a week or so into December I went to check that days page and it wasn't up yet, ah well, I figured it was just the time difference or something and forgot about it. A few days later, the same thing. And then I went back another day to find a message from the ladies family, she had died in her sleep just randomly. So I guess that is what happens although now that I think of it, I would have been ok not knowing.



As for other things, nothing much exciting to say, although I am proud to say that so far I haven't missed a day with my photography plan which is grand! Today I finished the back of mere's sweater and am now working on the front, hooray. Also working on the second sock to the one I finished a while ago. Besides that I should be starting on some of my school here so that I can have a head start but I am rather unmotivated as of late. Maybe tomorrow...
Hermit

2 comments:

Kesineeee said...

Wow, thats really too bad about your website, and its moderator. Aww. Also, MAN, you are LUCKY to be able to just say...oh...i think I will start school tomorrow. Haha, I had to get up nice and early this morning to get to all my classes. How fantasic! Aww, I really want to see you again. I miss everyone again! Already!

Ratty said...

Yeah, I never really thought about the internet-persona-once-you-decease thing before. That's a litle bit eerie. Especially since nobody has access to my internet stuff, so my blog and email and facebook and everything would just keep sitting there forever if I died. Can you imagine how horrific that would be for friends and family to have something like that just existing on the internet, like a living-dead reminder? Shudder. That is very unfortunate about your website person:(