Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What an offer

So as most of you know I auditioned for a company back in January and was told they were interested. Well I heard back from them and I was offered a position as an apprentice, unfortunately in their company apprentice spots are not paid positions. Excellent, just excellent. Now this is partially my fault because you had to check what position you were auditioning for but I have never heard of a company not paying apprentices so I figured it would just be a cruddy paying job but that would be fine etc. Not so much apparently. Bleh. So now I am not sure what to do, quasi tempted to ask them if they would consider upgrading me but that is kind of obnoxious. Of course now I want to go audition for other places (because me being me and stupid, once they mentioned they were interested I basically stopped thinking about auditioning) buut methinks most of the auditions are over and I have to get back to them by May 1st. Gah, I need a good smack upside the head sometimes.
In other mylifeisfallingapart news. I had hoped to go back to CPYB for the summer as an RA where basically I would go and do that but still be able to take all the classes and they wouldn't pay me but I wouldn't have to pay for the program either, sounds excellent to me, but of course I left it nice and late and they have apparently already filled the position. Bah! I am tempted to talk to parents about this because I really want to try to figure out a way to go back (thinking maybe I can find a way to do stuff around the studio for the cost of the program and maybe see about living with Sarah or something) but I am pretty sure parents will not be thrilled at this plan. poo.
Anyways, that is my whine-fest for today. Enjoy and hopefully life plans are working out better for the rest of you lot.
Hermit

2 comments:

Wulf said...

That does sound crummy. I think you should definetly ask them for an upgrade, because sounds to me that unless they do, you won't be going anyway. So might as well. Good luck with accomplishing life goals!

Kesineeee said...

awww that is sad. Yes do talk to them! Which company was this? The Victoria one?