Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Deliberations

Augh! I can't make up my mind, this is awful. So I have it in my head that constructing a pro and con list will make things better (yeah right) but here goes:

Pros of Staying Here Next Year:
  • I can be certain of getting the best possible training
  • The number of classes for the price is excellent, I am unlikely to find that somewhere else
  • I will be moving towards an education while I am here (something to fall back on if this fails)
  • I can be fairly certain that I will be performing some amount next year, good experience, resume fodder etc.
  • I am exposed to a wide variety of teachers here (more versatility, might be able to help me find places to look into later)
  • I can gte a true idea of how they think I am with where they place me next year vs. the other students
Cons of Staying Here Next Year:
  • Missing family, friends and pets
  • Possibly just wasting my time
  • The fact that it isn't well known at home could be bad for looking into jobs back at home
  • A year might not be enough time
  • I will likely miss important things back at home (brothers graduation etc.)
  • No working
  • So far I have no solid plans for where I would live next year etc.
  • No friends, lonliness etc. (if it is anything like these past few weeks)

Ugh, so I am not sure how much that did for me because some of the things I feel are worth more than others. Maybe I should just let the immigration people make the decision for me. I am very jealous of those people who know what they want for sure and go for it. Hoerg.

Hermit

1 comment:

Eve said...

Augh, I don't envy you very much at all. Methinks that age-wise, even if not so much in ballet terms, you're not running out of time for other stuff, so should take a wee bit of pressure off, yes? You're not exactly 30 and living in your parents basement or anything, perse. I doubt that'll happen, by the way.
Heehee.