Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Everything in moderation...

mini eggs+lack of self control=unhappy stomach of hermits

So the sock is coming along somewhat slowly, but moving anyhow. Also did a smidge of work on meres sweater, pleh, I am having my doubts about it being done for this next trip home either, I am pathetic. Ah well, there is still mothers day, haha.

Roommate situation is frustrating as usual, roommate #1 returned, after a blissful week, and everything is back to normal. In fact, I feel like the line is being overstepped even more, he came over the other day before she got off work, (I was alone in the apartment) went into their (yes, she SHARES it with another GIRL, poor roommate #2) and closed the door. She didnt come back for a good half hour to an hour. Ugh, NOT appropriate at all. Another roommate meeting is pending here SOON.

So I kind of wanted this post to be my introduction to my Global warming spiel but I feel like it should be solely devoted to that topic, dumdedum. Maybe not, tis just the intro anyways;

So, basically as I see it, your personal environmental impact can be lessened in a large variety of ways. I am plotting of segmenting them and then spieling about each segment individually to prevent hugely long, boring posts etc. Segments, as of right now, being:
-Food
-Clothing/Material Goods
-Household Utility Use
-Transportation/Travel

So yes, that is my official introduction to the topic and I shall begin on one of the segments here soon, sometime when I am either procrastinating on school or feel like I have accomplished enough to garner free time (a rather unlikely concept, I am a bad student)
Hermit
P.S. Sometime here I shall post pictures of me trip a while back, I dont like not having my camera.

1 comment:

Ratty said...

Yay for longboringspiels. They make me happy, especially when on such topics as global warming. Wanna hear a thing I heard? (you know you do). Gwynne Dyer was at Mt. Royal and speaking about the political connotations of Global Warming. First of all, he's one of these uber-political peoples, as in converses with think-tanks that inform governments around the world. And he was saying that what's happening right now is that the two bands of desert that go around the earth at about 30 degrees north and south of the equator are expanding, as in expanding into areas of major food production. Long story short- the earth can barely sustain 6 billion people as it is, and if global warming gets much worse, millions (billions?)of people will die of starvation. Not because of lack of money or power, but because of NO MORE FOOD! There's lots more to say, so parchance I shall say it on me blog instead of filling up more of your comments-space :)