Sunday, December 10, 2006

Recap

Argh, so yes, shopping trip was not great, not terrible but rather similar to what I expected.
We basically ended up splitting up as there were five of us, which was two, two and a tagalong (moi) which was grand. Them = peering into mucho expensive stores (most of which I have never heard of before and were the kind that have security guards at the door, yeah, not what I usually inhabit) and purchasing things at semi expensive but rather fashionable stores. Me = traumatized by brand nameness and price tags and generally not horribly interested at all in much that was there (I did get to go into this one card type shop that was interesting and this bodyschlep place that had this tasty mint lip stuff/breath freshener that I liked but was expensive so didnt get, just used sample hehe)

Some choice moments:
-'ugh, lets go somewhere else, this is all the crappy cheap places (ie. Sears etc.)'
-Hermit spying a lovely fuzzy sweater, price tag=$1, 070.00-Hermit vamoosing out of there topspeed
-'FUR! I love fur, ohhh, soooo nice *touching*'
-After one such fur episode, Hermit looking at tag= 100% mini rex rabbit fur (this actually made me quite upset, twas spiff, but really thats MY bunnies relatives, argh! I am rather peeved about that actually *gets uneccesarily emotional*)
So yes, on the way back though we played games which was fun although every once in a while I said something that was evidently not quite 'right' but mrph.


Needless to say, I am quite excited about the prospect of being home and around folks who are a LOT more like me. I think one of my big problems though, is that I dont feel the need to make new friends because the ones I have are GREAT (see comments of previous post for good example) erg, but not seeing them hardly ever is crud.

Anyhow, a glorious thing has been found in my vicinity:


Meet the Peppermint Bark Ghirardelli bar:



As you are probably aware, despite my attempts, it didnt last long...

The song was Silver Bells, I rather like that song! Now for one that I quite agree with the sentiment of at the moment:

Daaaaa dadaaaa dadadaaaa daaaa dadaaaa dadaaaaa

Holiday linkage: The history of the advent calendar. http://www.sellmer-verlag.de/history.htm

And random thing that I learned today that I think is swell: The saying 'mind your P's and Q's came from Old England. When patrons got rowdy, the bartenders would tell them to watch their pints and quarts.

Hermit

7 comments:

Kesineeee said...

Aww, seriously, I have never found the point of spending all the monies I have on really expensive gifts, from really expensive stores. I mean, I love giving presents, but they should mean something more than just being rich, and also, I think the best thing about Christmas IS being with family and friends! I cannot wait to see you! I really can't! I think that the song is I'll be Home for Christmas. Am I right?? If so, it'll be my FIRST WIN!

Kesineeee said...

and that mint bar made my mouth drool a little. man it looks SO good. I hope you enjoyed that one times a million!

Hermit said...

Yes! Kes you is right! hooray!!!
Yeah, today is my last full day here before home, home, home! Lalala! And yes I did enjoy that mint bar, I kind of want another but I can get to one right now so I am hoping they maybe sell them at home.
Hermit

Kesineeee said...

WHOOHOO!!! I WIN, AND NOT WULF! YES! ahaha. I cannot WAIT to seeeeeeee youuuuuuuuu. That is so exciting. Augh, I can't even do anythign with friends until the 20th...because of exaaams.

Wulf said...

augh. k. no more sleeping for wulf. i must stay up, in order to keep my title. which I still have, WOMAN. (aha. for a feminist, i'm not that feminist. but i heard seomone use that on her friend, who had said something strange. she rolled her eyes, and went "women". and her friend was all "you're a women too." and she's "still.") furthermore, i don;t know how i'll be home fro christmas goes. even i'f i've just listend to it. i think i've blocked it subconsciously because of the horrid movie.

Redcard Sanchez said...

Guh. I hate being out of place among the wealthy. Not that I would want to feel IN place, but it's still a sucky feeling.

I want you to come hooome.

I want Jo to come hooome.

I want Wulf to come hooome.

I'm in another missing-friends slump.

Kesineeee said...

me too.