Saturday, November 22, 2014

ABC's of Me

Haha, guess who is procrastinating like it's her job.... I came across this survey thingy, so obviously I HAVE to fill it out. You know, instead of doing the eight things I have coming due in the next two weeks. So, without further ado, thrilling information:

A.      Age: 26
B.      Bed Size: Queen (all the better for sleeping diagonally! Mustn't waste bed real estate!)
C.      Chore You Hate: All of them? Probably scrubbing the tub. 
D.      Dogs: Yes! I have grand plots of volunteering at a shelter next term for puppy playtime opportunities.
E.       Essential Start to Your Day: Er, getting out of bed? I guess breakfast. 
F.       Favorite Color: Teal. I gravitate toward it but I'm not convinced I actually have a favourite colour.
G.     Gold or Silver: Gold? Not sure I really care.
H.      Height: 5’5”
I.        Instruments You Play: Technically none. But piano and flute in past lives. Oh and the wax paper/comb kazoo!
J.        Job Title: Recipe Team Assistant/ Student 
K.      Kids: None. Thank goodness! I'm barely scraping by keeping myself together these days. 
L.       Live: Halifax but constantly looking for somewhere new. I swear it's a problem. Earlier today I was ogling Doctors without Borders because apparently they hire nutrition people sometimes and that means travelling for work. Novel! Remind me how much I hate the new place/no friends business when I decide I'm going to up and do something like that.
M.    Mom’s Name: Dianne (heh, I am realizing this is definitely intended to be read by people who don't know you that well. You're most welcome for the 10 minutes of your life you will never get back.)
N.     Nicknames: Kath, Hermit, Hermy, *my last name*, fleaweasel (does it count as a nickname if I refer to myself as it?)
O.     Overnight Hospital Stays: One. I think? For elbow surgery. Maybe when I was born too?
P.      Pet Peeve: HMM, plenty I'm sure but none are coming to mind right now. 
Q.     Quote from a Movie: "Seriously? It's like you're photoshopped!" First one that sprang to mind. Watched Crazy Stupid Love recently and that part cracked me up. 
R.      Right or Left Handed: Right
S.       Siblings: Two 
T.       Time You Wake Up: Hee hee haha ho, um, this varies a LOT these days. 7:30/8ish on days when I'm going to ballet and more like 10/11 on other days when I don't have to be up for anything other than 4:30 class. I blame still largely being on BC time.
U.     Underwear: Yes? I might forego it sometimes (hello, laundry day!) if I wasn't so afraid of getting into an accident and having embarrassing times (even though I am sure that is pretty low on the list of things one cares about when they are smashed up)
V.      Vegetables You Dislike: Er, olives? Let's ignore the fact that they are actually fruit. I actually can't think of a vegetable I don't like. 
W.    What Makes You Run Late: Ha, the fact that I exist? I think it stems from a general inability to properly estimate how long things will take. Ie. It will definitely only take me 10 minutes to get there if I walk fast. Sorry!! This is a thing that I am working on because I'm afraid it comes across as not valuing other peoples time which is not the case!
X.      X-Rays You’ve Had: Mouth and arm.
Y.       Yummy Food You Make: Lots, I think! I'm excited for yummy holiday baking times soon!!
Z.       Zoo: I'm still torn on this. Points for community education and breeding programs. Boo to small enclosures and stressed critters.

And a bonus prize for making it through that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyBvbot3emM
I've never heard of this guy before, Tim Minchin, but he is an Australian comedian and I thought this was pretty entertaining and now kind of want to investigate more of his work (also, his accent!!).

No comments: