Saturday, July 5, 2008

Update!!

It's been a while! I keep meaning to blog but evidently it doesn't happen. Anyhow, I am now! After I am going to check everyone else's and I am hoping you have blogged, I want to hear what you are up to!
So, I made it to the states, hooray! I was afraid it wouldn't happen, they gave me a hard time but the finally did end up letting me through. Classes and whatnot have been good. I am in the same level as I was last year but they had a whole bunch of alumni come back this year so they told the year round kids they would probably get moved down or stay in the same level so I am happy that I got to stay in the same level (and I am with most of the year-rounders I was with last year, so I am assuming that means I didn't get too crappy while I was gone)
The place I am staying in is good, except there is actually no cooking stuff (haha, I don't understand how these american children survive on all this premade food) one very small frying pan, one very small pot, and one very small casserole dish. It's a bit frustrating trying to make stuff (I made stirfry the first week and it took me two evenings to do it because I had to stirfry each vegetable individually) but its not for too long.
Anyways, other than danceness not much is new. Found some people to stay with in Victoria for August. Oh, I was reading 'Animal, Vegetable, Miracle' on my breaks and finished it this week. Very good, about this family who moves to a farm and basically lives off the land (and purchases some stuff, but all locally grown etc.) for a year. It seems like that would be so swell but Calgary is crud climate-wise for that. Victoria on the other hand... (hehe, I have these plots, shall see how it works out)
Anyways, I should end this here rambling post now but hopefully we shall be in touch because I miss you guys!
Hermit
P.S. I was watching this thing on tv that is just all commercials and there was the best one ever from volkswagon. Must peer! http://veryfunnyads.com/ads/25502.html
I want to learn how to make those hand shadows!!

1 comment:

Redcard Sanchez said...

Heeeeyyyy....yay for you for updating and all that, in spite of all that's going on (finding new living arrangements, etc.) When I read "had to stirfry each vegetable individually" I was a little baffled. How small is this frying pan? And how can you maintain that much commitment to a home-cooked meal? My hat goes off to you.