A Plan? How amazing is that!? Pretty spectacular I know, and to make matters even more shocking is the fact that there are backup/alternate plans as well.
You are dying to here these glorious plans now aren't you? Well here goes:
#1 Finish my courses I am doing right now and take the rest of the year off to work (I am thinking the Costco bakery but we shall see) while also auditioning for small companies and University programs. What happens in regards to them dictates the next segment of my plan.
-If some company accepts me then I go there, there is also the possibility of returning to le school of last year to volunteer for the summer and then go to this other program (in going, you are looked at for a trainee position into this one company, and at the end they supposedly talk to you/ give feedback, sounds good methinks)
-If some school accepts me then I look into that, me plan is to hopefully find a school that offers a Bachelor of Science with a Ballet major which would then let me get the degree and then if I wanted to go into vetrinary stuff or something, I would be able to without having to redo the degree.
-Take my R.A.D. Intermediate exam which will then allow me the to take this ballet B.A. program through the University of Surrey, however I found out that it is a teaching program, so I am incredibly thrilled with that avenue, but it is a three year degree which sounds nice to me.
-Volunteer at Vet Clinic here over Christmas break in order to get the required hours to get into the Animal Health Technician program. Then see if I get in since they only accept 30 people. Not super keen on this one either mainly because it is a three year program but all you get is a diploma and it really doesn't get you any closer to a veterinary degree.
Yay planning, now I just need to get myself in gear and start working on my courses so that they can get done topspeed and with good grades. I am hoping that if I opt to go to a school in the US (where all the ballet + B.S. schools are) I can be a transfer student and thus skip the S.A.T. process and whatnot, hooray.
Anyways, now it is just figuring all the logistics out and dropping the bomb on leparents. Fun fun.
In other news, I has been doing some knitting. I got yarn for these socks that I have been ogling for ages, last year, and finally started them last week. The first sock is done now, shall take pictures soon. I am quite pleased as they is two colours and this is my first time doing 'colourwork' and in the process I finally forced meself to learn the other/faster way of knitting.
Alrighty, that is my big spielyhoo that is all forward thinking and optimistic, hopefully something on that plan will actually work out and I can have purpose to the life.
Hermy
2 comments:
You are quite right, I have been remiss in commenting. Your plan sounds absolutely marvelous! Have you implemented it? I am very jealous of your plan. I wish I had a plan that was half as thorough. Heck, I wish I had a plan!
You asked a question in your comment, but I forgot what it was. I'm sorry. Maybe you could comment to remind me. (Smile....)(I really did forget. Still, you know me - any excuse to make a pain of myself.)
Yes, having some semblance of a plan is nice sometimes, to be sure. So is your hope to become a vet if ballet-ness doesn't work out? You know, actually diploma/ certificate programs are often just as useful as degrees when it comes to avenues of work, it just depends upon what exact tasks you want to be doing within that avenue. For example, working at Bethany I've seen that if you're interested in geriatric care there are many things you could do. You could go to university/medical school and get your MD specialising in geriatrics. Or you could do the university thing and become an RN and work as a geriatric nurse. Or you could do any number of diploma/ certificate programs having to do with geriatric care in order to become a Nursing Assistant, Licenced Practical Nurse, Personal Care Aide, Occupational Therapist/ OT attendant or Recreation Therapist/ Rec attendant- all of which are avenues of work in which you're assisting people in long term care in very real ways. So, more than anything else it's about what precisely you want to be doing to assist people in long-term care. What I'm trying to say is, I could imagine you doing really well and enjoying the work of a diploma or certificate program, perhaps even more than having to go through all of the academic this and that in order to become a veterinarian, when in both cases you'd end up working directly with animals. Which isn't to say that you wouldn't make a fantastic vet or that you shouldn't persue that, I'm just letting you know that a diploma/ certificate course might get you doing what you want to do faster and more effectively than university, depending on what you're wanting to be doing in the end. And of course I don't actually know what you would want to be doing in an ideal situation, so everthing I just wrote might be a waste of everybody's time. Heh heh...
Post a Comment