Ahem. That didn't take long to fall of the rails.
So, because I don't really feel like writing out the rest of the ordeal in detail and I want to get on to more exciting things, here's the Coles Notes version of the apartment scenario to date:
-moved into the empty suite the next day (with no power but I was told it would get switched on and that they'd pay for it until I moved into new unit) with the intent of moving to upstairs unit that was having floors redone.
-power proves to be a slow process so I finally get an extension cord to steal electricity from the hallway so I can plug a few things in (like the fridge. Having chilled food is novel!)
-renovations on other apartment also appear to be slow going. Get used to living off of extension cord and with no power. Also, the apartment I'm staying (squatting?) in is being shown which means at any time someone can come knocking on the door wanting to see it. Awesome.
-finally get power..10 days later. Being able to use the oven/bathroom light has never seemed so glorious! (and it turns out, after I called NS power, that I possibly could have had power earlier. There was just some switch in the basement of the building that needed to be flipped for power to come to the unit. The building superintendent is a bit of a piece of work.)
-get keys to new unit on the 24th. Call internet provider to see when I can get it switched over - no break in service would be ideal. They say the earliest date they have is the 30th. Splendid. My take-away from all of this is that nothing happens quickly in NS.
So, here I am. Still in old unit but slowly moving stuff up to new unit. Talked to superintended and I'm okay to stay here for the weekend so I have great plans to do all the work/school stuff on the internet over the weekend. We shall see how well that goes...Also, have grand plots of seeing if I can snafoo password from one of my neighbours but that is awkward and so am I, so there's that.
Anyhow, I have fun pictures from NS adventure of last weekend for next post (hopefully not to be published a month from now..). Miss you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment