Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Twenty five before 25

Okay, well I've had this in progress since I first starting thinking it up at Christmas and have yet to finish it and now with the bustedness, some of these things are going to have to wait, but I figure I might as well post it and edit as I see fit. Also, feel free to suggest things you think I might like, or that you would put on a similar list for yourself. :) I seriously underestimated how difficult it would be to come up with 25 things that I really care about accomplishing... (not sure what that says about my character/motivation)

1) Fall in love with something new (keeping this pretty vague: new activity, critter (I like the idea of training a guide dog puppy), person (ha, given my track record this is rather pie in the sky), place etc.)
2) Start initiating things with other people (maybe that will make it less scary...)
3) Get some letters for my name (I'm thinking the personal trainer certification is the best way to achieve this before 25)
4) Explore Ontario more (or at least Guelph- I think there is a lot more going for the area than I am aware of. This place, Elora Quarry, is not far at all and so pretty!)
5) take a circus class (http://www.torontocircus.com/index.php?id=9)
6) Waste less time on the internet (therefore more time to do interesting things, be a better student, make money etc.)
7) Job!! Something with the moneys, preferably at least vaguely related to the nutrition stuff.
8) Learn to sing
9) Get into a better routine, particularly with time management and cooking/eating
10) This seems super shallow but whatever, in my head it is in adult thing to have, so figure out what kind of 'professional' wardrobe I want, and work on making it happen.
11) Do more things where meeting like-minded people (friends?) might happen. Activity groups, club, amateur sports team?
12) Deal with my new thing of being late. It actually mostly seems to be a problem when I am meeting up with people I know fairly well but that is not okay (suggests I don't care about their time etc.). It's not like I intend to be late, but I have got into a bad habit of seriously underestimating the length of time it takes me to do things and how long it takes me to get places = the epic lateness.
13) Do some of the sewing thing. I lugged machines etc. all the way over here but have yet to actually use them. Should tie in well with the less time on internet, thus more free time to do things like sewing projects.
14) Run 25km (race, or just make it happen on my own)
15) Do some sort of volunteering/community stuff. Good on several counts: meeting people, doing good, resume fodder (ha, I feel like saying that possibly negates the 'doing good' bit but anyways)

No comments: