Wednesday, April 15, 2015

NYC Part 4

Day 4:

Sunday didn't have anything listed for the spreadsheet so we opted to pick a couple of the non day specific activities to knock off. On the docket: the Brooklyn Bridge and Top of The Rockefeller Centre. Obviously the best plans for a windy -12 day but nevermind that, we're Canadians!!

So after much incredulity from Kes' roommates (and plenty of warnings about how cold and windy it is up on the bridge etc.) we headed out to the Brooklyn Bridge. It was indeed cold and windy but it seemed worse for people walking the other way. On the plus side, it meant there weren't all that many people on the bridge!




You get a decent view of downtown from the bridge. 



And then we got ourselves onto the subway to head to the Rockefeller Centre. When I was planning out this trip, I decided I would do a couple of special things that actually cost money. The ballet was one (ha, big surprise! ;)) and this was the other one. It was a toss up between this and the Empire State Building observation deck - they both give really good views of the city, but Kes had already done the Empire State Building so Rockefeller it was! Being a tourist trap, there was a reasonable wait to get up to the top (and they only allow twenty people or something in each elevator), but there was swanky decor!



And then we got whisked up to the top in a super speedy elevator! Ha, and no big surprise, it was WINDY up there!! But the view was pretty great.



Proof it was windy, heh!


Also dark. My camera was not a fan. I have a nice selection of blurry New York from above pictures to remember the excursion!


And because I'm finishing these posts up so late, I can't remember when we did a bit of stuff on our own, but at one point I was out walking around and came across the fanciest Home Depot I have ever seen!


No comments: