Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Creature of the Night

It's been a while (since my last post, but also since I have seen any of you! boo) and some things have happened in my generally uneventful life. Finished up and performed our last show, Giselle. Started working at a temporary job (just until the end of October) which is a night shift; quite the change from my usual schedule. I have been working from 9pm to 5:30 am and have thus been dubbed the 'Creature of the Night' around here. While it is nice to have a bit of an income, it doesn't really solve the job problem since it is just temporary, so I am still a hunting (bleh).
Le roomies and I had ourselves a thanksgiving feast today, which was quite tasty and a fun collaborative event. Alas the camera decided to conveniently be lacking charged batteries, however I have plans for a leftover setup photoshoot tomorrow...
Also over the weekend, I got coerced into last minute race signup. Eve and Jon signed up to run an 8k race a while back but I opted to forego it figuring I would have dance and not be able to go, but on thursday I mentioned offhand when offering to accompany Eve to pick up her race packet, that it seems I would have been able to do it. Apparently one can sign up for these things super last minute, so I got quasi peer pressured into doing it (although it's not that I didn't want to, just that I was awfully unprepared). Anyways, it has come and gone and I am still alive to tell the tale so all is well! The day was cold and cloudy (it was early in the morning) so I was freezing for most of the run and it was definitely the longest I have ever run before (see aforementioned unpreparedness) also on zero sleep (with this night shift business I have issues getting myself back to normal people hours, and friday night was supposed to be my switchover but I ended up not being able to fall asleep) but all in all a good experience.

Anyways, would love to hear whats going on with all of you!! Hope you had a nice thanksgiving and maybe some of you got to spend it with family.
Hermit

1 comment:

Kesineeee said...

hiiiiiiiiiiii! I just saw this today! Man...I am not good at checking these anymore, what with being so busy, I often don't sleep very much anymore, hahah! I want to hear more about this race! Which one was it? We need another hang out soon, I miss you! LOVE!