So I was reading this blog today and came across this article which I am a big fan of (also, can I steal the writing abilities of both the guest writer and the blog writer, thankyouverymuch). I figured you folks would appreciate it aussi but was a bit nervous about posting it lest I come across being super pushy veganism etc.etc. but Wulf is pressuring me into it so blame her. But know that I am not at all trying to do that, I just really like the spiel (veganism aside). Tis from here but I am going to copy and paste the feminist bit here, hopefully that isn't illegal. Please don't turn me in unless you are willing to room with me in jail, I don't wanna be all by myself!
Okay, or not, it won't copy and paste so you have to go over to read. This be the normal blog of the guest poster, in case you are interested. She does post generally informative stuff along with vegan foodstuffs, and she lives in Saudi Arabia which I find incredibly interesting to read about, but I am a dork so yes.
Hope you all are well, I want to hear from some of you, its been faar too long!!
Hermy
2 comments:
I'd read the article, but it was good to see the source. Interesting blog, this lady has. You seem to have a knack for finding people with enviable lives.
Oh Hermit, why in the world would we be offended in any way for you posting this. I know you are a Vegan, and you know I eat meat, which means that we don't see eye to eye on some things, but on a basic level we all care about the treatment of animals, the treatment of people, and the treatment of our planet! We have different ways of expressing those cares, but they are all based on pretty much the same value system. That was a really cool and insightful article, putting a really cool co-relation between the treatment of animals and the treatment of women. It got me to thinking: It shouldn't be a bad thing when people say that they are treated like animals, because animals should be loved and treated with respect. Even though my belief is that some animals are meant to be eaten by humans, as other animals are eaten by other omnivores and carnivores(as omnivores we certainly don't need as much meat in our diet as the average person), the animals which we intend to eat should be treated with respect. A predator in the wild does not cage its prey, or inject it with chemicals, or any of the other countless cruelties that go on in the agriculture business. I think that our ancestors had it right when they HONOURED the animal that had been killed in humility, and did not forget that it was a life that we took.
Post a Comment