Friday, May 29, 2009

Do you see what I see?

Time to meet my plantfriends!
Meet Mr. Beefsteak tomato plant. He is my friend, especially if he is as prolific as he is purported to be. But do you see them? No?...
How about now? Yuppers, those are leetle beefsteak tomato-to-be's, how grand and exciting! There are also more flowers and buds. This makes me very happy!

This here be one of my long trays; spinach and swiss chard or beets (I dont know yet because in my infinite wisdom, I opted to forego labels. However, I prefer to think of it as adding an element of anticipation and excitement into my life.) Lookee the little true leaves coming up!


Clockwise from the top are two yellow squash (the ones like zucchini but yellow) plants and in the white pot are two spaghetti squash plants (that are going to need to be transplanted at some time. I have serious doubts about plants that grow large squash appreciating that size of pot to be shared between two of them...)

And this is my basil. Lovely and bushy although I feel bad stealing leaves (Eve and I have decided that this is the perfect vegan tale of woe! *cackle*) but I am determined to steal them in a manner that doesn't kill the plant. We shall see how that goes, so far so good.

I also have another long tray that has carrots and swiss chard or beets (I am pretty sure that one has the swiss chard; I recall being all smart and putting root veggies with leafy veggies so that they wouldn't be so crowded) but the carrots are still very small and sparse looking so I dont have a picture of them. Three pots, two of which have parsley plants in them and a third that has mystery plant (I don't remember planting anything in it that wasn't parsley, but the little fellow sprouting doesn't look like parsley. Maybe it's lettuce, beats me!) but again, not too spectacular so no pictures yet.
Alrighty and that is all. Someday when I manage to de- 'gahexamsandstudyingandchemlabsandmoving' the main areas of my place, I shall take pictures. But right now it really is quite atrocious so I shant subject you to that.
Hope you are all good (alive, beats me since I never HEAR from any of you *hinthint* you should blog!!) and finding of jobs and whatnot (specifically including the planning of trips to visit lehermit, I promise I will clean up if you come, and I will bake you tasty things!!).
Hermy



1 comment:

Kesineeee said...

OH MAN, your plants are super exciting!!! I can't wait to see your place!