Another tale from the life of Hermit:
I was on le bus today coming home from rehearsal and on stepped this individual (along with many others, the bus was crowded) whom I paid little attention to (actually that is a bit of a lie, but what I did pay attention to has no bearing on the story- she had bangs, then a headband and then a head full of dreadlocks so I was trying to figure out how she managed that, but I digress...) until she turned around a bit and I noticed a furry tale and two limp legs hanging over her shoulder. Then she began to stroke the tail and I realised it was some kind of grotesque scarf, that was basically the skin of some dead animal sewn up. This was/is entirely repulsing to me and a moment later when someone left their seat and she ended up sitting facing me I am sure I had a charming look of disgust on my face. At this point I could also see the other end of it, which had a head!! I don't understand how people sell things like this, or purchase them for that matter. It was some kind of fox, and the face/head was all intact; ears, snout etc. Which kind of made me get teary. Ha, I am pathetic! Basically the entire time she was stroking the tail, fondling the legs, rubbing the feet against her face/mouth etc. and I had to majorly restrain myself from having some kind of outburst. But honestly, how can you be fondling and rubbing the de-boned skin of a dead animal!?
Ok, end rant.
Hermit out.
3 comments:
See...to me even, that is absolutely revolting. SOOOO gross.
There's such a weird double-standard in our society. Just imagine if she was doing that with an eviscerated cat or dog slumped over her shoulder. Who decides which animals are worthy of humane treatment?
I've come into contact with several pelts/trophy heads in my lifetime, and I just can't see the appeal. It's always been grim and horrifying.
PS how did your filmy film for Australia go?!
Post a Comment