I know, how lame is this, buut I never talk to you guys so this is my informyouofmylifebecauseIhavenothingbettertodo spiely place if you happen to ever read it.
Anyhew, as the title implies, I do indeed have meself some moneymaking skills now. However nothing too exciting.... at all.
But yes, here is my grand spiel. Gots me a job at Sobeys. I applied at a bunch of places for a cake decorator/bakery position and they interviewed me and didn't seem to have even looked at my papers to see that I was wanting to be in the bakery. Needless to say the person interviewing me was not involved in the bakery whatsoever but said she was interested in me for the deli. Since parents had drilled me on not letting opportunities slip by etc. I figured it would be fine and she said that if an opening in the bakery came up they could transfer me. Then she figures that the hours I can work (opening to 7:30 m-w, opening to 3:30 th and to 2:30 f, all day weekends -> not too unreasonable in my opinion) aren't good for what she needs in the deli so I would likely only get hired as a part-time employee. Okay, fine, maybe I can find some other job somewhere else too. And then she tells me she wants to start me on the meat cutting.
Yesiree, I have been hired as a meat-cutter. (heh, every family member of mine thought I was kidding when I said that, unfortunately no) And me in my infinite wisdom couldn't think of what to say. Hooray me.
On top of that they pay $2.50 less than the minimum bakery position and so far they have me working 4 hours a week. Methinks I needs to keep looking.
Despite how grumbly that sounds the people are rather nice (and the lady who was training me has a bunny named Moustache (with a french accent!!))
So yes, how goes life for the rest of ye?
Hermit
2 comments:
Oh my goodness. What deliciously bad luck!
That is actually hilarious. Also gross. Co-op tried to hire me for a deli position, and I was all 'yechmeat', so it didn't happen. Grossgrossgross. You amaze me sometimes. Often. How's that?
Post a Comment